Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Forest Opening

Today we opened our school forest! We have been waiting for seven years to let the trees get big enough and now we can play in it.

The whole school met on the field to help open the forest




Mr Cameron and Mrs Zelas, our cultural leaders and our youngest student, Ollie and our oldest student, Julia helped to officially our forest! 

Then we had the forest to ourselves!














 

In the forest I will be kind to the plants and not break their roots because it is kaitiaki. Kaitiaki is being a guardian.

By Nour

In the forest I will play hide and seek and play lots of games. I can be a kaitiaki by picking up lots of rubbish.

By Zara S

In the forest I will play games with my friends. I can be a kaitiaki by picking up rubbish, not breaking branches and not digging holes, otherwise the trees will come out.

by Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment